Measurement and Statistics in Kinesiology
- Reliability and Objectivity, Reliability, Types of Reliability, Stability Reliability, Internal Consistency Reliability, Stability versus Internal Consistency, Factors affecting reliability, Factors affecting objectivity, Validity, Content or logical validity, Construct validity, Concurrent validity, Predictive validity, Factors affecting validity, Health-and Performance-related Testing, Muscular Strength, Muscular Power, Muscular Endurance, Flexibility, Aerobic Fitness, Body Composition, Youth Fitness Testing, Motor Fitness, Health-Related Physical Fitness.
- National Health-Related Youth Fitness Tests, Common Fitness Test Items, Evaluating Knowledge, Types of Knowledge Tests, Construction, Administration and Scoring, Analysis and Revision, Evaluating Achievement, Evaluation, Grading, Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, Functions, definitions of measurement and evaluation., Formative and summative evaluation., Standards for evaluation:, Norm-referenced standards, Criterion-referenced standards, Limitations of norm-referenced and criterion-referenced standard.
- Statistical Tools in Evaluation, Types of Scores, Organizing and Graphing Test Scores, Simple frequency distribution, Grouped frequency distribution, Frequency polygon and histogram, Descriptive Statistics, Measures of Central Tendency, Mode, Median, Mean, Measures of Variability, Range, Standard Deviation, Variance, Measuring Group Position, Percentile Ranks, Percentiles, Standard Scores, z-scores, T-scores
- Normal Curve, Characteristics, Probability, Determining Relationships Between Scores, graphing technique, correlation technique, Correlation coefficients, Interpreting the correlation coefficient, accuracy of correlation coefficients, Prediction-Regression Analysis, Simple prediction, Multiple prediction, Additional Statistical Techniques, t-Test for one group, t-Test for two independent groups, t-Test for two dependent groups, One-way ANOVA, Repeated measures ANOVA, Measurement, Statistics, and Research, What Is Measurement?, Process of Measurement, Variables and Constants, Research Design and Statistical Analysis, Statistical Inference, Organizing and Displaying Data, Organizing Data.
- Displaying Data, Percentiles, Common Percentile Divisions, Calculations Using Percentiles, Measures of Central Tendency, Mode, Median, Mean, Relationships Among the Mode, Median, and Mean, Measures of Variability, Range, Interquartile Range, Variance, Standard Deviation, Calculating Standard Deviation for a Sample, Coefficient of Variation, Standard Deviation and Normal Distribution, The Normal Curve, Z Scores, Standard Scores, Probability and Odds, Calculating Skewness and Kurtosis, Fundamentals of Statistical Inference, Predicting Population Parameters Using Statistical Inference, Estimating Sampling Error, Levels of Confidence, Confidence Intervals, and Probability of Error.
- An Example Using Statistical Inference, Statistical Hypothesis Testing, Type I and Type II Error, Degrees of Freedom, Living With Uncertainty, Two- and One-Tailed Tests, Applying Confidence Intervals, Correlation and Bivariate Regression, Correlation, Calculating the Correlation Coefficient, Bivariate Regression, Homoscedasticity, Multiple Correlation and Multiple Regression, Multiple Correlation, Partial Correlation, Multiple Regression, The t Test: Comparing Means From Two Sets of Data, The t Tests, Types of t Tests, Magnitude of the Difference, Determining Power and Sample Size, The t Test for Proportions, Simple Analysis of Variance: Comparing Means Among Three or More Sets of Data, Assumptions in ANOVA, Sources of Variance, Calculating F, Determining the Significance of F, Post Hoc Tests, Magnitude of the Treatment, Analysis of Variance With Repeated Measures, Assumptions in Repeated Measures ANOVA, Calculating Repeated Measures ANOVA, Correcting for Violations of the Assumption of Sphericity, Post Hoc Tests, Interpreting the Results, Quantifying Reliability, Intraclass Correlation Coefficient, Standard Error of Measurement.
- Factorial Analysis of Variance, A Between–Between Example, A Between–Within Example, A Within–Within Example, Analysis of Covariance, Relationship Between ANOVA and Regression, ANCOVA and Statistical Power, Assumptions in ANCOVA, Pretest–Posttest Control Group Design, Pairwise Comparisons, Analysis of Nonparametric Data, Chi-Square, Rank Order Correlation, Mann-Whitney U Test, Kruskal-Wallis ANOVA for Ranked Data, Friedman’s Two-Way ANOVA by Ranks, Clinical Measures of Association, Relative Risk, Odds Ratio, Diagnostic Testing, Advanced Statistical Procedures, Meta-Analysis, Multiple Analysis of Variance, Factor Analysis, Discriminant Analysis, Measurement,Statistics, and Research, Organizing and Displaying Data, Percentiles, Measures of Central Tendency, Measures of Variability, Normal Curve and Sampling Error, Hopkins Paper: Reliability in Sports Medicine, Correlation, Bivariate Regression and Multiple Regression, Multiple Regression and Non-Linear Regression, t-test, Comparing Means, Simple ANOVA and Post-hoc Tests, ANOVA with Repeated Measures and Post-hoc Tests, Factorial ANOVA and Post-hoc Tests, Advanced Statistical Procedures, Analysis of Covariance, MANOVA, Advanced Statistical Procedures, Factor Analysis, Discriminant Analysis, Analysis of Nonparametric Data.